Welcome!

Hello and welcome to The East wedding Co! We are here to bring you all the latest information about planning your wedding in the East Of England. As wedding planner's for Evissa Weddings, we will be recommending top suppliers and vendors, updating you on the latest trends, plus DIY tips and how to budget your wedding fund! As well as bringing you all the top news and events from your area, so keep watching!


Best wishes and Happy Planning!
Gemma & the team.



Wednesday, April 24

How to Make Your Own Wedding Favours

This is massively overdue, but better late than never! My first blog I wrote was about wedding favours and I promised a follow up step-by-step guide on how to make your own wedding favours. So here it is;

As I'm sure you all saw Michelle did a Rockabilly photoshoot last week. I was asked to do the favours for the shoot and I thought what better time to do a tutorial for you all.

I wanted to produce little boxes (which could be filled with anything your imagination wished) covered in images of tattoos. These decoupage boxes are all different which is one thing I really loved about them.

These are quite niche but can easily be adapted to fit many different themes.

What you'll need;
- small favour boxes or cardboard and a box template
- your chosen images (I used images of tattoos cut from a tattoo magazine)
- glue
- scissors
- the contents to fill the box

1. I began by buying small plain white boxes from a wedding suppliers. I cheated at this stage as I wanted a quick result but you could easily download a template from the Internet and make your own boxes.



2. Check you know which surfaces will show by assembling one box. Then dissemble the box to enable an easier application of pictures.



3. Go through the tattoo magazine and select the appropriate images. Cut these all out and stop when you feel you have enough to cover the boxes (this is difficult to guess so don't throw away what you think might be excess until you are finished).



4. Play with the possible layout of the images on the boxes and when you're happy stick them on. My boxes had lids which covered the top third so I tried to ensure the best images were at the bottom two thirds of the boxes.



5. Assemble the boxes once all the decoupage is complete and ensure there are no blank spaces.



6. If you'd like to decoupage the inside as well then that's great but that part can be quite tricky. I added individual images of pin-up girls inside some of my boxes to give them a little more character.



7. Once completely dry (I let mine dry overnight) fill with anything from a thank you note, sweets, transfer tattoos or plant seeds (your main limitation is the size of the box and your budget).


And there you have it; a beautiful selection of favour boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment