Welcome!

Hello and welcome to The East wedding Co! We are here to bring you all the latest information about planning your wedding in the East Of England. As wedding planner's for Evissa Weddings, we will be recommending top suppliers and vendors, updating you on the latest trends, plus DIY tips and how to budget your wedding fund! As well as bringing you all the top news and events from your area, so keep watching!


Best wishes and Happy Planning!
Gemma & the team.



Friday, March 15

**Featured Supplier** - Norfolk Toastmaster

Today we are lucky to have the very kind and caring Norfolk Toastmaster, John Driscoll. Some of you may know of toastmasters and their role, others may be reading this for the first time going 'a toast-what?'. Read on to find out more!




*        Who are you?

John Driscoll…..caring about YOU and ensuring excellence on YOUR special day. I belong to the English Toastmasters Association (ETA) that is affiliated to the Royal Society of St. George. In addition to being a Professional Toastmaster I am also able to offer my services to any special occasion as a Sabreur of the Confriere du Sabre d'Or in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland which more simply put means I am able to remove Champagne corks with a sword…..of course for both I have more than adequate Public Liability insurance!

*        How did you get into Toastmaster-ing?

I have been a Professional Toastmaster for 3 years although I acted in an informal capacity as an Master of Ceremonies and Toastmaster for many years before this particularly at Masonic and Civic events including Charity Balls and Dinner Events. I was trained by the biggest training provider in the UK after being approached by a family friend to act as a Wedding Toastmaster and got in touch with Richard Palmer a Founder Member of the ETA. After being put through my paces on a one-to-one basis by Richard and Linda over a four-day period the rest as they say is history. That training certainly stood me in good stead as having completed on the Tuesday I was approached by a large hotel to work as a Wedding Toastmaster on the Saturday! I had only picked up my fitted uniform the Friday before the event!

*        What services do you offer to brides?

As a Professional Toastmaster and Master of Ceremonies, I care passionately about you and your special occasion. Much of my working life has been about caring professionally for others. I have had a nursing background that has included both clinical and academic careers and continue to care for others with a self catering holiday business I also run from my home in Overstrand, North Norfolk. I offer a range of professional services that will bring that touch of finesse and style to any occasion by observing the social niceties and correct etiquette and working within a strict Code of Ethics. For instance;
*        Weddings
*        Civil Partnership Ceremonies (including Pink Weddings)
*        Banquets
*        Dinner / Dances
*        Significant Birthday Celebrations
*        School Prom Nights
*        Fundraising Events
*        Masonic Evenings
*        Civic Functions
*        Conferences
*        Award Ceremonies
*        Celebrant and Baby Naming Ceremonies

 Favourite part of your job?

Working as a Professional Toastmaster or Master of Ceremonies I am neither the Host or Guest at the event but it is always an honour and a privilege to participate in and contribute to significant and often joyful life events. In many ways I am the conductor of a large number of players on the day whose combined role is to make your special day the one you had both always dreamed of. I just love announcing the happy couple in to the room for the wedding breakfast and to see their faces when the room erupts on their arrival.

*        Any special offers on at present?

I am more than happy to discuss my costs up front with the couple and make significant reductions for charitable events often donating my fee to the charity for which I am working.

No comments:

Post a Comment