Welcome!

Hello and welcome to The East wedding Co! We are here to bring you all the latest information about planning your wedding in the East Of England. As wedding planner's for Evissa Weddings, we will be recommending top suppliers and vendors, updating you on the latest trends, plus DIY tips and how to budget your wedding fund! As well as bringing you all the top news and events from your area, so keep watching!


Best wishes and Happy Planning!
Gemma & the team.



Wednesday, March 6

Spring in my step

I'm sure none of you will have failed to notice the weather we've had the past two days? Beautiful! The sun has come out and the flowers are well and truly starting to bloom. The snowdrops have been joined by crocuses and the hint of daffodils. I just love it! The sight of things coming to life makes everything seem just a little bit better. Ever since I move house four weeks ago my flat has had vases of daffodils in it and yesterday as I sat in my garden eating lunch in the sunshine I admired the pot of daffs growing on my table. I decided that it would be timely to make today's blog about how you can incorporate daffodils into your wedding. A daffodil wedding; how wonderful!

The colour itself is so cheery guests would struggle not to smile whilst admiring it. And it doesn't have to be garish or too in-your-face. You can inject small doses of yellow; shoes, flowers, car. Or you can go all out and have yellow dresses, cake and decorations!

Arrive in quirky-style in a fabulous yellow car! My personal favourite (as a massive VW fan) is this yellow Beetle but I think the idea of turning up in a yellow cab is refreshingly different.


Aren't these yellow shoes great! And it's not just for the ladies... gents I've found you some too! And how adorable are these daffodil shoes for babies!






There are so many options for the bridesmaids and they don't have to be too garish either. You could be brave and go for a vibrant yellow or you can use different shades for each dress which compliment each other.


The Brides dress can be very simply altered to fit in with the theme; a yellow sash or veil (I love this one!) work so well!



And as for the gents; don't fear you don't have to don a yellow suit (unless you're brave). Grey works really well and the yellow can be added in a more manageable dose in the form of a buttonhole.


The daffodils themselves can play their role in a simple bouquet or centrepiece. I adore the yellow and cream of the flower against the Brides dress. And what about the yellow petals sprinkled down the isle! Or that living daffodil heart! What a fantastic idea!



And as for the cake... (my favourite part) I just can't get enough of these yellow and white cakes! So different and so beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment